Company Name - Company Message
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

New Year...New Mind...New YOU! 10 Tips to make New Year resolutions real.
Its World Mental Health Day
Anxiety Axed!
Grateful for learning opportunities
2. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t....you’re right”

Categories

state of mind
Street Hypnosis
subconscious mind
Success
trance
unconscious mind
want a better answer, ask a better question
weight hypnosis
weight loss
weight loss hypnosis
weight reduction
World Hypnotism Day
World Mental Health Day
yoga
powered by

My Blog

2. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t....you’re right”

That’s the old saying by Henry Ford. It came back to mind as I was on my morning run yesterday. The weather was a little cool at 5.30am, (Gold Coast 15C, cool...not cold).

The sky was dark and I was already procrastinating on my 8klm run.   I kicked my self into gear, got moving eventually and headed across the road to the beach.

Funny how the mind can try to trick you. From the moment I began to run the thoughts kept coming....you can turn back and exercise at home.....your ankle is sore....it doesn’t matter if you skip a day....and so on....

It would have been easy to turn around and go home.....and it was also easy to keep going. The only thing required was to reframe the meaning of the morning run.   The same is true for any endeavour in life. We can choose to give in or we can choose to persevere.

So how did I reframe the run? I thought about the reasons for running...like... Small things each day make big things happen....ie you dont get fit in a day, its repetition and consistency in training...the right training in whatever it is you want to achieve.

The other helpful tool from an NLP angle is to change your perception...what I mean is I moved myself to imagine looking at the run from its completion and look back on the run. This way I could focus on the rewards I gained from doing the run. Such as, that feeling of accomplishment from having run 8klm...and knowing I did something positive for myself at the beginning of the day....having more energy and being pumped....

Looking at the run from the end gave me a new perspective on the run and it became easier to do...in fact while going through these things i found I was already half way through the run and it was time to turn back and make the run home.

What do you think you could do if you changed your perspective and made things happen because you persevered?

I’d love to hear your feedback.
Wayne Donnelly

15 Comments to 2. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t....you’re right”:

Comments RSS
fake prada handbags on Thursday, 25 August 2016 4:19 PM
The only thing required was to reframe the meaning of the morning run. The same is true for any endeavour in life.

water damage restoration Los Angeles ca on Friday, 17 August 2018 6:43 AM
Agree with your writing style, I have visited the website,you have posted very nice articles which are very outstanding. I must want to bookmark your stuff thanks...

Minu Alom on Thursday, 30 March 2017 2:13 AM
Wayne, thank you so much for this brilliant tips and advice what I was seeking for a long time. It would have been easy to turn around and go home as well. By the way, I should follow you because practice makes a man perfect. Now you can order dissertation services online easily. Thank you so much for your writing and have a good day!

playview apk on Friday, 13 April 2018 4:38 PM
playview apk

ukessayservicesreviews.com on Saturday, 28 April 2018 12:44 AM
looking for some professional help, want to know about the creator and author behid this work this ia really impressive and motivational all at once.

Harvey Henry on Thursday, 10 May 2018 10:07 PM
I am happy to read about old saying by Henry Ford. I must say you have work hard in collecting data to write this post which is appreciable. ground reinforcement mesh

Alexander Andrews on Thursday, 10 May 2018 10:28 PM
Great to read that you have shared about old saying by Henry Ford. I have learned a lot from this post which will help me in future. playground tiles

Wilson on Thursday, 24 May 2018 9:06 PM
We should keep in mind the concept of do or die and should try our best. I would like to appreciate you for such type of worthy and valuable job. Keep doing best in future. click here

loemrntdherid1 on Monday, 25 June 2018 6:26 PM
Very good blog. I added your's site adress to "Useful links" :)

Top supplier of gym mats in UK on Thursday, 5 July 2018 9:41 PM
Arthur talking to about of the everyone new visitor in blog. I am glad to know that the article is really very good. Thanks for sharing in the information.

how to get home care services on Tuesday, 17 July 2018 4:15 AM
Arthur talking to about of Whether message. I am very happy to see your online material. I am glad to know that the article is really very good.

David on Friday, 27 July 2018 6:47 PM
I have got much useful points from your post which is quite informative enough. Thanks for sharing such kind of valuable website. Keep posting useful stuff. fire damage restoration orlando florida

Jhon on Thursday, 2 August 2018 11:30 PM
I have just now found your website its really amazing one for me and also for others. Keep posting such type of nice and valuable stuff i would like to check your website in future. carpet cleaners san diego

William on Friday, 10 August 2018 1:29 AM
I would like to appreciate you because you have shared much valuable and interesting website which is quite an interesting one for everyone. Keep sharing such type of nice stuff. 247 water damage orlando

buy london yellow stock bricks UK on Friday, 10 August 2018 9:55 PM
i have just seen here your posting style is different but awesome then others your post article composing for us to think about such torments.